- 1 kg potato (peeled cut into 2.5cm pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (extra)
- 1 kg kumara (peeled into 2.5cm pieces)
- 200 g bacon (rind removed coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (wholegrain)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (flat-leaf chopped)
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and place potato in a single layer on one prepared tray and drizzle with half the oil and season with salt and pepper and bake for 45 minutes or until golden and crisp and let cool.
- Place kumara on remaining tray and drizzle with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and tender and then cool.
- Meanwhile heat a medium frying pan over high heat and add bacon and cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp and drain bacon on paper towels.
- Combine extra oil, vinegar, mustard and honey in a small crew top jar, seal and shake well to combine.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl and add onion, bacon, half the parsley and dressing. toss gently to combine.
- serve sprinkles with remaining parsley.