- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise (can use more, or use regular-fat mayonnaise)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or use 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar)
- 1 large celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- seasoning salt
- lemon pepper or black pepper
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread or 4 slices rye bread, large slices
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices swiss cheese (or use as much cheese as you like, or use mozzarella cheese)
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- In a bowl mix tuna, mayo, lemon juice (or red wine vinegar) celery, green onions and parsley; mix well.
- Add in seasoned salt and lemon pepper to taste.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and broil for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat, divide and spread the tuna mixture on top of each bread slice.
- Place one cheese slice over the tuna, then one tomato slice (you can use 2 tomato slices if your wish) then another slice of cheese on top.
- Return the layered bread to oven and broil for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.