- 1 1⁄2 lbs white russet potatoes (the fluffy ones)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 red onions, cut into eighths
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 thyme, sprig
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and place a cast iron pan roasting tray in the oven (if you don't have one no problem).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil add a pinch of salt and add your potatoes. Cook until they are super fluffy… like really soft, but still holds their shape (12-15 minutes). Drain and allow to evaporate for 10 minutes… you want them very dry for super crunch.
- Remove roasting pan from oven and add 2 Tbsp olive oil, shake the potatoes in a bowl and carefully add them in . Season with salt and pepper and give them a toss, before placing in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add butter along with the garlic and thyme. Give the pan a mix to coat every fluffy potato. Add the potatoes back in the oven when the veggies and chicken go in to cook for a final 10-15 minutes (see step 6).
- Meanwhile, remove cast iron pan from oven and place on a medium-heat (regular frypan is fine) add drizzle in 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Pat the skin of the chicken dry and season with salt, then place skin-side down in the pan. cook for 5-7 minutes or until skin is super crispy, remove chicken.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp of Olive oil to the pan and add your brussels sprouts and onions, cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly colored. Deglaze with both the red wine and balsamic vinegar and add rosemary & honey. Season with salt and pepper, place chicken on top and pop in the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken and red wine veggies with the crunchiest potatoes.