- 2 lbs fresh sugar snap peas (may use frozen if fresh are not available)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Steam peas for several minutes until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar, orange rind and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add peas to orange juice mixture. Add butter and salt and pepper. Stir and heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve warm.