- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Mix spices and flour in olive oil in saucepan over medium heat until fragrant and starting to brown.
- Slowly add chicken broth and tomato sauce and cook and stir until thickened.
- Use as red sauce over any beef, game, cheese or poultry enchiladas.
- A good mild sauce than can be easily"warmed" up by adding jalapenos, chipotles or other spices.