- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups white onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, ground
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 tomatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- In a cast iron pan over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add onions and season with a pinch of salt. Sauté them for about 7 minutes or until translucent and soft, stirring often. 2 minutes later, add bell peppers and continue sautéing for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stir until the ingredients are coated. Add tomatoes and sprinkle with ground sea salt. Stir the ingredients very well before seasoning with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes and then season with harissa and smoked paprika. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the lid, stir and let it cook down for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, taste and adjust if necessary. With a spoon, make a small well and crack an egg in it so it holds together. Repeat with each egg by making a small well and cracking an egg in it. Cover and poach the eggs for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with crusty bread.