- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup poppy seed
- Combine the sugar, oil, eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Add the poppy seeds and mix well. Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.