- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- Place ingredients in your bread machine as directed by your manufacturer.
- Set to dough cycle. Check the consistency after about 10 minutes - if it looks dry, add a little more water.
- After initial rise, remove, shape in a large round loaf (or whatever you like), let rise again on a cornmeal dusted baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. If desired, brush loaf with an egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbl. cold water). Slash loaf with sharp knife. Place in oven. After 15 min., reduce temperature to 350 deg.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until loaf is done - an instant thermometer should read 205 deg.
- Turn onto cooling rack and let cool.