- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh lean ground turkey (1 package)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper (be aware that most lemon pepper blends are salty, so add any additional salt sparingly)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (6 inch) pita breads, cut in half crosswise (or flour tortillas)
- 6 lettuce leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Combine turkey meatball ingredients; mix well. Shape into 18 (1 1/4") balls.
- Using skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray, cook meatballs 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center; stir occasionally.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Place 3 meatballs in each pita half. Add lettuce and tomato. Top with sauce.
- Alternatively, place filling in a flour tortilla, and fold burrito style for a wrap!