- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter (use only smooth peanut butter)
- 1 cup melted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- In a bowl combine the peanut butter with confectioners sugar and graham crumbs until well combined.
- Add in the melted butter and mix thoroughly until combined (I find that using my hands for mixing works better than a spoon, if the mixture is not holding together add in a little more melted butter).
- Using hands shape into small balls (about 1-inch).
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate until completely cold (about 2 hours).
- After the balls have chilled I like to re-roll them again to make a perfect shaped ball but that is optional.
- In the microwave melt the chocolate with the shortening until smooth, removing once and stirring.
- Dip the COLD balls into the chocolate mixture to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper to set.