- 12 ounces best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts, about
- In a large saucepan combine the chocolate, cream, butter and peanut butter and heat over moderate heat, stirring, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Form mixture by heaping teaspoons into balls and roll lightly in peanuts.
- Chill on a baking sheet lined with wax paper for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Keep in an airtight container, chilled, for up to 2 weeks.