- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or 6 ounces bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together until fully incorporated.
- Add the sugars and cream on medium speed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking soda, mix until no white remains, then add the chocolate and mix on low just until everything comes together.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes or until golden brown.