- 1 (12 ounce) coleslaw mix (or you can simply shred a head of cabbage)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, other flavors are good too
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 4 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (olive oil will get solid in refrigerator) or 1/2 cup sesame (olive oil will get solid in refrigerator)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar or 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda granular
- Place sesame and almonds on a microwave safe plate and cook until browned. About 1 minute-Watch carefully! Allow to cool.
- Mix cabbage, sesame and almonds together in a large bowl.
- Dressing: Mix the spice packets from the noodles with the green onions, oil, vinegar and sugar. Shake or stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate separately until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve:
- Break RAW ramen noodles into small pieces and mix into cabbage mixture. DO NOT COOK NOODLES!
- Pour dressing over cabbage and noodles and mix well.
- NOTE: Can be made a meal by adding some cooked shredded chicken or thawed frozen salad shrimp. Experiment!
- Toasting the seeds and nuts brings out the flavor- You can also add the RAW noodles to the toasting step for more added flavor.