- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 flat anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces,rinsed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons (recipe in my cookbook)
- Mince and mash the garlic with the anchovies to form a paste and, in a bowl, whisk together paste, yolks, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and lemon juice.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Toss Romaine with Parmesan and croutons in a bowl; add dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.