- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 2 onions, large chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag elbow macaroni
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (I use Lawry's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Saute beef, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 2 onions in large frying pan. Drain excess fat. Lots of onions makes this good.
- Meanwhile, in another pan cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender. Set aside until almost ready to serve.
- When beef and onions are finished cooking, add the canned, crushed tomatores and approximately 1/2 cup water; also add garlic salt, pepper, chili powder and mix well.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes; then add cooked macaroni noodles and mix well when ready to serve. If you add the macaroni noodles too soon, they may over cook and get mushy.