- 24 medium prawns
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Peel the prawns and cut them in half lengthways.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8‐10 minutes or until al dente. Drain reserving ¼ cup pasta water and keep warm.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and lemon zest. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 2‐3 minutes or until the prawns are tender.
- Add the pasta, lemon juice, parsley and reserved pasta water.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and toss to combine.