- 4 cups pepperoncini peppers
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 cups water (filtered or Brita)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce olive oil
- Put pint jars (plus 1/2 pint, in case you have too many peppers) and lids in pan with water to boil, along with tongs and canning funnel. Bring to boil while continuing other steps. Reduce heat, or turn off after boiling for 10 minutes.
- Wash peppers in cold water, set aside to drain.
- Bring vinegar, water, and salt to a boil and maintain.
- Drain jars.
- Blanch garlic cloves and place in jars.
- Slit each pepper vertically and pack into jars.
- Pour hot liquid over peppers allowing slightly more than 1/2" head space.
- Carefully pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into jar being very careful not to get any on lid.
- Process, as you wish (10 minutes in boiling water bath), or not. I do not process my pickles.
- Store in cool dark place. Ready in 3 weeks (but I have been known to open a jar the next day), refrigerate after opening.